Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Determination Stops at Nothing

From this point forward, I am making that decision of completing my mission, my mission that is my goal and my goal that is my dream no matter what happens.

...Sitting here in my favorite place in this coffee shop, looking at the adorable photos of my pup, Simar, thinking and reassessing the situation as I near the date of my departure. Realizing that I have no choice but to suck it up and just get on with it, I begin to lay out the things that I should do in order to get to where I should be.

In a more general perspective, my objective in becoming a thoraco-vascular surgeon is still at bay since everything got messed up and I had to repeat square one.The original plan is to graduate medicine, secure a license be a military doctor for the United States navy/marines while pursuing residency in T.C.V. surgery.

Since the school where I came from messed up, things just got worse. For example, in 4 days, I'll be taking this national qualifying exam for med school again 'coz the first one, though I scored high, expired and is invalid for transfer. I'm not interested of continuing in the same school because I am aware of how serious they messed up and how worse everything will be if after 4 years I am not allowed to take the board exam.

Since I am to transfer and I have to take this exam again, I must say that I am not prepared. It was a bit late already when we were made aware of the real situation so everything just had to be fast tracked. Though the administration is telling us that they are offering some assistance, nothing is clear and nothing is certain so I have to make my own  plans.

I'm taking that exam, I'm finishing med school, I'm taking that license and I'm going to be what's called a Medical Corp in the United States Military.
Standing at the tip of the Philippines, close to Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment